The project of human development by the distribution of wood energy efficient cookers in the region Lower Guinea (Guinea Conakry) is entering its third phase. This third phase is intended to consolidate the knowledge acquired during the 4-year duration of the project by implementing all the conditions necessary for scaling up and sustaining the production of energy efficient cookers (CHRE) in Guinea. The goals are to improve the living conditions of Guinean families and the sustainable management of wood resources thanks to the distribution of energy efficient cooking equipment to contribute to local and national policies on environment and sustainable management of timber resources. In order to achieve the expected results, the project aims to:
- carry on CHREs distribution, by helping to set up a managing entity uniting producers and sellers,
- develop prefinancing and bulk purchasing systems to facilitate purchase. To promote the marketing of tools among the population, in particular by creating a tool label and model diversification to meet various uses (particularly commercial use...),
- strengthen the capacity of the players in Guinean civil society with a view to their involvement in establishing and monitoring national environment policies,
- establish a carbon labelling strategy with a view to developing new labelling areas corresponding to current sales outlets,
- reach 50 tonnes of Co2 reduction/year and carbon credits consolidating project sustainability.
Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil