The call for funding from the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation is open online from 1st June 2020 to 3rd July 2020 included.
The pre-selected projects will be reviewed for a potential grant from 2022. Therefore, the funding requested must cover activities carried out from 2022.
Please note that the funding requested to the Foudation must not exceed 50% of the total budget of the project (Period for which funding is requested).
The project selection process is based on the following steps:
- The Pre-Application File is submitted online via the Foundation’s website during the calls for projects,
- Applications are pre-selected by the Foundation’s staff,
- An application file is sent to applicants of pre-selected projects,
- The application file is sent to the Foundation,
- Applications are examined by the Foundation’s staff and additional information may be requested,
- Applications are referred to the Scientific and Technical Committee for opinion,
- Final selection of projects by the Foundation’s Board of Directors,
- A financing agreement is drawn up and signed.
Before proposing your project by filling in the pre-application questionnaire, please read the following to ensure that it complies with the Foundation’s mission and selection criteria.
- For your project to be considered, it must fulfil the following 4 conditions:
- The project must concern one of the following areas:
- Climate change,
- Access to water,
- The fight against desertification.
- The countries of the Mediterranean Basin,
- The Polar Regions,
- The Least Developed Countries (LDCs according to the United Nations).
- The regular running of organisations,
- Projects managed by one person only,
- Communication campaigns,
- Editorial projects and cinema productions,
- Projects of a purely commercial nature.
Any project that does not meet the above 4 admissibility criteria will not be examined.
- The fight against deforestation,
- Alternative solutions to the use of firewood,
- Renewable energies and energy efficiency in LDCs,
- Ocean acidification and its consequences,
- Sea and Ocean governance,
- The effects of global warming on biodiversity,
- Management of wetlands,
- Management of marine protected areas,
- Conservation efforts for species “in critical danger of extinction” according to the UICN red list,
- Integrated water resource management.
- The type of project: research, technological innovation, field projects involving the populations concerned,
- Added value, exemplary nature and replicability of the project,
- Measurable and tangible aspect of the anticipated outcome of the project,
- “Sustainable development” dimension of the project (social and economic in particular),
- Cooperation with and involvement of the local populations concerned,
- Quality and solidity of partnerships,
- Technical and financial feasibility,
- Expertise of the project managers,
- Quality of the project management,
- Existence of a system for assessing the project.
Step 1: Download the pre-application form
To avoid opening the pdf in the browser, right-click on the link and do "save link target as"
Step 2: Fill out the pre-application form
To fill the form you have to open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC available here.
Step 3: Submit your pre-application file
Before submitting, please rename the file with the name of your organization.